Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The STD After The Rape

I have noticed/"coined" a phenomenon that I keep seeing everywhere, and while I fully subscribe to the idea that "if you want to find a pattern, you will," I still have to think that this sort of thing seems to be occurring more and more frequently.


In the board game The Settlers of Catan (best game ever, man), there is a sequence of events where you can automatically lose up to half of your valuable resources, and beyond that, you can then also have an additional resource stolen from you by one of your rivals. Whenever this happens, I mutter to myself, "...the STD after the rape."


It usually gets a laugh, which means there has to be some truth to it.


On a larger scale, I was thinking that a tremendous earthquake is a rape, and the subsequent massive tsunami is the STD after the rape.


On a fiduciary scale, the usurious practices of our major financial institutions were the rape, and the bailouts they received were the STD after the rape.


And whenever I rape someone, they get an STD.

No comments:

Post a Comment